Friday, September 12, 2008

Tagged

Hmph. I've been tagged. I never liked tag much as a kid. It seemed to boil down the playground pecking order pretty quickly by establishing who was the fastest and most fit (never me) and who was the least of those things (sometimes me). But this is a different kind of tag - nearly a chain letter but not quite. Mrmacrum over at the file cabinet tagged me. Apparently because he likes me. Maybe this is more like the playground stuff than I realized. Huh. Anyway, here are today's meme questions:

1. Where was I ten years ago?
let's see... 1998? Wow. I think I was still in the Sheet Metal Worker's union, living in Windham, Maine with an active alcoholic girlfriend with PTSD and two big, stupid dogs and one big, stupid cat. Been a lot of miles since then. Of careers, homes, relationships and pets, only the cat remains. The rest have moved on.

2. What was on my To Do list today?
Too freakin' much, that's what. Going to help out a journalist buddy patch some rotted spots on his house and build a deck. Supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'm up early and ready to head out to get at it. No pictures today. Just work. Oh yeah, and I have to make supper, do some dishes, hit the grocery store, cash in some returnables and hopefully hit a meeting. Right. All of that.

3. What would I do if I were a billionaire?
Not sure on this. What would I do with the money, or what would I do with myself? I think I'd use the money to help women get training to find decent jobs they like. I think I'd take some classes in metalworking and buy a huge welder and a place to use it to create cool and weird things.

4. Five places I've lived:
Newburyport, Mass., Farmington, Maine, Windham, Maine, Faribault, Minn., Mount Desert Island, Maine. MDI is the best, Minnesota was the worst. Too far from salt water. Never felt quite right.

5. Bad habits:
I tend to overestimate by ability to get things done and bite off more than I can chew. I also tend to be critical, which can be a real drag to be around. Oh, and I eat too much and exercise too little. But I think that might be because I am an American more than anything else.

Now to tag five people. Here's a challenge.

Darlene over at the slant. She's crazy busy right now, so I don't know if she'll do it, but I am a blogger now because of her influence, so she's gotta pay for that somehow.

Jen at laughing at chaos out in Denver. The mommyblogger who has opened up my eyes to that whole genre. Wow what cool and amazing things moms do!

Robin over at around the island. It has been most interesting getting to know her, and I like seeing the little blue and white flag every time she visits here. That's just very cool. Besides, she takes great pictures.

J at the littlest pea. Because she somehow seems to believe that we are from different generations as opposed to being from different ends of the same generation. It is my goal this year to make her see the difference.

Marie over at Whoopie pies and Lobster. My new foodie friend who also is a darned good writer. I am always interested to see what she has to say.

Now off to build a deck. Later!

4 comments:

MRMacrum said...

I too never felt right living too far from the ocean. Odd that. I was born in Colorado. I don't have to see or touch the ocean every day. I guess just living near lands end gives me some comfort that there are real boundaries, not just the ones we make up.

Anonymous said...

My 4 year old wanted to go to the beach today. As much as I loved the idea, um, not a whole lotta beach here. Mountains with measurable snow, yes, but no beaches. LOL
Glad to welcome you into my crazy world. And I'm proud to be a mommyblogger...as long as I don't have to write about poop. I'm done writing about poop. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm sorry you haven't been able to comment on my livejournal. I have it so anon comments are screened, but yours aren't showing up at all. I switched to the anon comments because a bunch of haters (racists mostly, but all around haters) were commenting anonymously and it was driving me crazy. I'm going to go try to unscreen the comments and hopefully your notes will be posted right in. Sorry. I hate to think you tried to say something and I never got to read it.

xo
Carrie

Robin said...

You know, it still always surprises me when someone likes my pictures. I've only been doing this semi-seriously (in a beginner sort of way) since April and still feel like I have SO much to learn. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog, and the photos, though. That's what it's all about. And I'm enjoying my time here as well. Now if you only lived closer, I'd love to hire someone who really cares about their work to fix up some things around my place...