Monday, June 16, 2008

First cast



Before it started raining heavily here, L and I went for a little drive and found these. Hers is the one above the tape measure and mine is the one below.

It was midday, overcast, kinda misting a little bit, threatening to really rain. I was less than 10 feet from the guard rail on Route 3 between Somesville and Town Hill. The brook runs under the road and has recently been rearranged some by beavers. The water is dark and ferrous-looking. There was virtually no current in the pool, which is probably less than two feet deep.

On my first cast, the worm hit the water and disappeared. The bobber hit the water and disappeared right after it. I set the hook, jumped around and yelled some, then reeled it in and flipped it up onto the bank beside the highway. In all, it took about 30 seconds. Have I mentioned that I live in paradise?

No comments: