Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lazy Sunday



Welcome to June.

Today dawned bright and sunny. So much for a rainy weekend. I am so glad now that I worked in the rain yesterday. Not. Oh well. Today is a gift, and I will take it as such.

This morning we rolled out fairly early, but L was not interested in a heavy breakfast. I forgot to make popover mix last night, she put the kabosh to French Toast, I refused another batch of pancakes (we had those last weekend), so I dug out my friend Carole's recipe for Finnish Pancakes. If a popover was a pancake, it would be this creation.




Pannu Kakku

4 eggs
2 cups milk
dash of salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350.
Mix all of the ingredients together (I use an immersion blender to make it nice and frothy. I don't know if it helps, but it's fun.)
Melt 1/4 stick of butter in each of TWO 9 by 13 pans.
Pour half of the batter into each pan and bake for 30 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
Serve warm with syrup or cold with butter & sugar.

We eat them warm with butter and cinnamon-sugar. Yum.

I have no idea how many people the recipe is supposed to serve (probably six or something silly like that). We generally eat until we want to die and have half a pan left over. You mileage may vary.

No comments: