Thursday, July 2, 2009

Reader's bra poll


Hey all. The steel bra is done and delivered to the auction organizers.

The Bra art auction will take place on Saturday, August 1, 2009 at 4 p.m. at the Unitarian-Universalist Church on Easy Street (no kidding!) in Pittsfield, Maine. For more information, contact Sharon Mack at sharonkileymack@hotmail.com. I expect that there will be something set up soon to handle silent bids made in advance of the auction. Contact her if you want to learn more about it.

Here's the link: http://www.bras4thecause.org/

I received more than 60 suggestions for names for this marvelous creation. Laura and I have whittled that list down to five finalists, and we now present them to you for your consideration. Leave a note in the comments section regarding your favorite. The final choices are:

Brahilda

Gladiatrix

Iron Maidenform

Bra Templar

Bra Hallah

I look forward to seeing how this all shakes out. Also, here are some additional pictures of the bra from various angles. There is nothing but metal and paint in this thing. No plastic, no glue, nothing but sheet metal, bits of iron, some welding wire and paint. I am now half-tempted to make some kind of g-string to go with it. Note I said HALF tempted. I still have other stuff to do...









8 comments:

Robin said...

I'm torn between Iron Maidenform and Gladiatrix, but I think IM is winning.

Anonymous said...

Well, since I suggested Iron Maidenform, that's the one I am voting for.

Lili said...

This is an amazing work of art...I really admire your talent! I like the Iron Maidenform suggestion too.

Chef Cthulhu said...

As a lifelong fan of Iron Maiden, I have to go with "Iron Maidenform".

It rocks.

Th' Rev said...

That is amazing ! I vote Iron Maidenform.

Unknown said...

My freaking Gawd that is gorgeous! Such a great work of art Dawn.

Thanks for sharing..I have been dying to see it. You did not disappoint m'dear friend. ;)

Miss Trudy said...

LOVE IT!

The Lazy Iguana said...

Are those stainless steel washers?

Because I am doing some work on my boat, and of course (as usual) I need more stainless steel washers. You can never have too many of those things.

The work of art has reminded me I have to go to the hardware store....