Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I don't want to talk about my day

Kevin was marvelous. Lug this, tote that, help and be cheerful. Plus he told be about the 25-cent hotdogs at Richdales. Sweet.

Didn't get all done today I wanted, but still got a lot done. Here are the two walls of the shower with wonder board up and insulation behind the long wall.



And here is me after making two cuts of that cement board with the abrasive masonry blade.



And here's my finger. I am acutely aware of what a strong, steady pulse I have. Yep. Gonna lose that nail.

8 comments:

Th' Rev said...

Love the mask...

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, hon. A day at a time. ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

lis

Robin said...

Yeouch! Hope it's stopped throbbing by now and that the rest of the job is smooth sailing.

Queenie said...

oooooo the finger....I would have loved to have heard the string of words come out of you when that happened. The bathroom is starting to look beautiful, though. Well done!

MRMacrum said...

I take it all the studs and joists are in decent shape. Looks like you have made decent progress. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I recently lost my first nail. Candidly, it was totally revolting.

The tale is here:

http://twoladiesinwaiting.com/2008/10/16/the-time-has-come-the-walrus-said/

Unknown said...

Am I supposed to remember this shit for when I want our bathroom modernized?


It ain't gonna happen....